Welcome to STEM Mania!
Students will need to harness their creativity and ingenuity to complete the challenges. From industrial design to ecology, each challenge will focus on a different STEM discipline. Once they have completed the challenge, students can then upload and share their results with fellow STEM Maniacs.
A four-week program, with challenges released every week
Unique educational activities designed by Griffith STEM experts
Hands-on challenges that you can do from home
Who can be a STEM Maniac?
STEM Mania is a worldwide iniative open to students aged 14 to 18. All you need is:
- a computer with an internet connection
- a phone or camera to capture your experiments
- Microsoft Powerpoint for one of the Challenges
- Your creativity and ingenuity.
Please note: All challenges and communication will be in English.
Teachers are welcome to join STEM Mania to find out more about the program.
How it works?
The challenges are designed for students to be able to complete using the materials and resources they have at home. Students have the opportunity to join the STEM Mania community and see what other students have created. The challenges do not have a single answer. Students are encouraged to be creative, think outside the box and use critical thinking skills.
- Each challenge is open for one week at 9 am Monday AEST (GMT+10)
- There will be four challenges in this STEM Mania round
- You can register for any of the challenges at any stage, even if you have missed some
- You can join any of the challenges at any stage of the weekly round.
- You will receive a certificate of completion and a digital badge for each challenge completed.
- If you complete ALL challenges, you will receive a STEM Mania master certificate and a gold digital badge to add to your profile.